11 December 2018

Warbringer Nemesis - FedEx is my Nemesis

I still have to finish describing how I painted my Legio Fureans Titans.  However, tonight my mind is occupied by other things.

I ordered a Warbringer Nemesis Titan on pre-order day, the first full 28mm Titan that I will build and paint.  I am very excited about it, and I cannot wait to put it up on the Titan Owners Club.

I received the shipping information for it last week, and I was hoping that it would arrive early this week.  Everything seemed to be on track for that to happen, until yesterday.

At 4:38p.m. FedEx marked the package as delivered and signed for.  However, when I got home, there was no package to be found (no, it was not likely pilfered at the doorstep because of how my place of residence is set up - there would have been a person to take it, and really no way for it to be delivered otherwise).

I called FedEx, who told me to call the "shipper" (in this case Forgeworld) and so I glumly waited for the morning so that I could place an international call to Nottingham.  The Forgeworld home office was helpful, but actually not the right place to call.  So they gave me the number for Games Workshop in the United States (which I could have found on my own, but I expected a Forgeworld purchase to be a Forgeworld issue... live and learn).

At this point, FedEx had duplicated my tracking number and now had two separate pages for the same number, one directed to the clearly false "delivered" status, and the other an all new page indicating that the package was "on the vehicle for delivery" with a scheduled delivery date today.

In the afternoon I called Games Workshop customer service, and they tried to help me work out what exactly FedEx was doing, which still is not really cleared up, because now FedEx does not even have a delivery date on the second page, it just says "pending."  At this point I do not know if this thing is really on the truck, if the truck is really going out, or if FedEx even has or knows where the package is anymore.

There are certainly bigger problems in the world.  I recognize that.  But for any hobbyist this is a real pain.  It would just be nice to know that this fairly expensive model is actually going to get to me.  I do not have any advice for making sure this does happen to you.  My guess is that it is so bad because FedEx is so busy with the holidays. But who really knows? 

No comments:

Post a Comment