17 December 2018

Warbringer #000168

Good news!  My Warbringer Titan, after much tribulation, has arrived!



The Titan is number 168.  It will be part of my homebrew Legio Hashmallim, and its name will be רומח של רעם - Romach Shel Raam [pronounced ro'Makh shel ra'Am] (Spear of Thunder).  I have submitted it to the Titan Owners Club, and I hope that it will soon be accepted.

By the way, a BIG thank you to Morgan and David with the Games Workshop Customer Service team in the U.S.  There is no way I would have this without their diligence.  They stayed on top of FedEx and made sure that I got my Titan.  Absolutely top marks.

Here is a picture of all the boxes this came in:



For the record, the two red Titan boxes are the body and the white boxes (four of them) contain the head, two selections of arm weapons (in this case the Melta Cannon and Gatling Blaster), and the Quake Cannon (which comes in a box as big as the box for the Ta'Unar's whole body!).

A note on my weapon choices:  I selected the Melta Cannon and Gatling Blaster because I felt that their muzzle profiles looked the most substantial on the Warbringer's frame.  The best option for 8th edition Warhammer 40,000 is indisputably the Volcano Cannon, but I felt that its muzzle exacerbated the Warbringer's "T-Rex arm" silhouette.  See the right arm (so, your left) in the picture below:



 I may choose to grab some Volcanoes down the road, but I felt that I wanted the best display weapons for this "miniature," and that my opportunities to game with it will be so rare that having the best guns rules-wise was not very valuable if I liked the look of other choices better. 

That about wraps about the opening of my Warbringer saga.  Next up - Washing!  Wherein I copiously wash a tremendous amount of resin pieces.

Note:  The picture of the completed Legio Fureans Warbringer above is from Warhammer Community and is used without permission.  No challenge to Games Workshop's intellectual property is intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment