02 April 2019

Warbringer Nemesis #9 - The Torso - a Nice Solid Build

This barely counts as a post.  Building this section of the torso was strikingly easy.

You take the two rectangularish parts of the Warbringer and glue them together.



I used Gorilla Epoxy for this.  It is not as strong as JB Weld, but this piece is so thick and has so much contact surface and will bear weight evenly that I decided it was not necessary.

I did fit the lower piece of the upper torso in its socket while glueing these pieces, but I did not glue it in.  It is just there to make sure they pieces dry in a way that does not interfere with assembly later on in the process.

I also decided I had better do the same thing with the top of that assembly - the Warbringer's upper platform deck.




Again, that is just sitting up there.  It is not glued in.  Not yet.


Once that was dry I glued the upper deck in place.  This time I removed the Quake cannon's turntable.  Honestly I probably could have done this step with it in and not risked glueing it in place.

Gorilla Epoxy here too.  

At this point in time the build became easier.  The legs have to be done juuust right.  Much of the torso only goes together one way.  There are a couple tricky parts that I will go over in a later post.


No comments:

Post a Comment